Monday, December 04, 2006

Truly Happy

Do ya'll know what it's like to be truly happy??..I think I have found true happiness. I always thought I was the type of person who could be happy where I was. I like myself, I like my family, so why shouldn't I be happy wherever I was?? But it wasn't the case. I was miserable. I knew that God loved me, and I loved him, and I knew that my family loved me, and I knew I loved them also. But I would find myself not wanting to get out of bed. I wouldn't want to clean, and we'd all be living in filth. Sure, people thought I was happy. But I wasn't. I knew it, my hubby knew it. and do you know what I realized? I am a product of my environment. I can walk around playing the perfect together pastor's wife all I want...but unless I'm in a great town, with great people, and great friends to hang with on a regular basis, I am miserable.

I love this town
I love these new friends
I love waking up in the morning
I love keeping my house clean
I love cooking good, nutritious food for my family
I love my children...and don't get upset with the baby cries all night long
I love that God brought us to this place where my husband is loved

I am know truly happy.

and the only thing that would make me happier is a good strong pot of coffee, I think I'll go make one. and maybe tonight some Sangria?? Whadyasay girls? Join me?
Cheers, Isabella
 
posted by Isabella at 12:16 PM | Permalink


3 Whispers:


At 2:17 PM, Blogger Angelina

Oh cheers to you my sweet love! I have missed thee... let me count all the many ways I've missed you.

I lvoe this post and I love you are finding joy.

AMEN!!!!

 

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ms. O

I hear ya and admire you for posting about it! I've felt similarly in the past (although, for different reasons), and just recently was able to change my environment. It's amazing how differently I take life now.... this morning, I woke up, blarred some "get up and go music" on iTunes, and started my day!

Oh yea, and I'm enjoying a glass of wine to celebrate your being happy :)

Cheers!

 

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Berklie

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! wwwhhhheeeeeeeee!!! I have so missed you, girl! Its so awesome to hear how happy you are. But, truly, I was beginning to think that you were ssssooooo happy with you RL friends, that you had ditched me! ;)
Mucho hugs!

 

Welcome to our cozy neighborhood where we drink mimosas & martinis at noon on Mondays & welcome anyone. Come as you are & join us, won't you?

We would love to have you. If you are tired of not being able to be who you truly are, at your current home & you're interested in "moving in" to our neighborhood, drop the Home Owners Association a line. We have lots of secrets to share. We're sure you do, too!

Flowers and Blow Dryers Make Me Happy
i so wish...
Vodka, anytime!
Its a Fit Day!
Another Mr. Jerkly Moment
The Nightmare That Is My Life
Happy Thanksgiving!
Shave Everywhere
Gross. Wrong. Foul. On Soooo Many Levels
Dear Duke Mama

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.