Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Am I Being a B*tch??

He's gone overseas. Alot. He brings back souvenirs. From Japan, it was one for one. I loved one, the other he gave to his mom because I didn't like it. Oh and a tad more background: we have ALOT of CRAP in this house already. Crap that he is always griping for me to get rid of.


When he called from Germany/ Italy trip asking what I wanted, I said nothing. Except maybe vino. Yes, please. That? Always.


This time, he brought back a wine, a wine carafe & a butter dish. Authentic Italian pottery, but a design that does not match my kitchen's deco. I'm horrid, I know. I should appreciate the gesture, right?


So he's been home about a week & a package arrives today, from Germany. I didn't open it. I was hoping for more wine. When he got home tonight, he rushed the package upstairs like a kid hoarding his halloween candy. Soon, he's calling me to the bottom of the stairs asking if I like what he bought as "our" Germany souvenir. A freaking coo-coo clock. I hate coo-coo clocks. Seriously. And I'm apologizing right now if you own one. Its called personal taste. I'll respect yours so long as you don't give me a coo-coo clock. So, he's moping around the house tonight, all sad puppied that just got beat.


I'm an ass, right? Should I have just smiled & kept my mouth shut & pray it doesn't work? But my argument is that I don't want a home filled with HIS souvenirs, from HIS travels. This is OUR home.


Here's an idea. His mom is coo-coo. She'd love it, I bet.


Kiss kiss,
Berk

 
posted by Berklie at 6:06 PM | Permalink


4 Whispers:


At 5:54 AM, Blogger Berklie

I know he was trying to be thoughtful & for that he gets nookie points. But doesn't it count that I said I didn't want anything? ;) And in my defense I didn't outright say I didn't like it. I just smiled.

 

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Megan

Oh honey, I feel for you! If you get it excited, it encourages him. If you don't, his feelings get hurt. It's a shame he doesn't have the same taste as you do - he seems to get so excited.

I don't think you're being a bitch. I feel exactly the same way. Maybe if you have him guidelines, colors, etc.? Can he e-mail pictures to you before he buys?

 

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Kelly

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Kelly

The last line of this post is HILARIOUS!
I was laughing so hard inside of my head!

And for the record, I would feel the same about this situation as you do.

 

Welcome to our cozy neighborhood where we drink mimosas & martinis at noon on Mondays & welcome anyone. Come as you are & join us, won't you?

We would love to have you. If you are tired of not being able to be who you truly are, at your current home & you're interested in "moving in" to our neighborhood, drop the Home Owners Association a line. We have lots of secrets to share. We're sure you do, too!

Cry Baby
You scream rejection
Yummy Monday
Quiet
Staying True
My New Drive
All right
Wordless Wednesday
Creamy Chocolate Martini... You Know You Want It!
Wordless Wednesday: A Call For Action

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.