Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cry Baby

I am the new Lady in the neighborhood and I am ready to Whisper.
I have to warn you though..... I use lots of bold, italics, CAPS, and ellipses.
I have to.
Because I'm emotional.
And because I have got to LET IT OUT!!!!

So.
Don't you just hate it when you are crying over something, and your significant other just sits there staring at you. You know.... Doing nothing at all??
That's right. No kiss. No hug. Nada.
Dontcha just hate that?.....
Or is it just me?

I realize that maybe my husband is just numb to my crying.
After all... We have been married for a little over five years.
Is that his ticket out of being a little sympathetic toward me?
Maybe it is, and I just don't know it.

To be fair to Mr. Knightly, I have to say that this doesn't happen ALL the time. Heaven forbid that I get that definitive. However, I will say that it happens more often than I would like it to. (Can you tell I've been to marriage counseling?)
Even if Mr. Knightly does have a ticket out of comforting me when I am crying, I know one thing.
It makes me feel alone even though he is sitting right in front of me.
And I shouldn't feel that way.
Because I'm married.


***Thanks to the Ladies of the Neighborhood for letting me join! I LOVE it here!!!***

Labels:

 
posted by Mrs. Knightly at 8:15 PM | Permalink


2 Whispers:


At 7:21 AM, Blogger Megan

No one should have to cry alone if they don't want to. I don't think he's immune; I think he's just scared because he doesn't know how to fix it.

Men like to fix things. The smart ones eventually learn that we just want to them to listen and hold us when we cry.

 

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Berklie

So right with ya, girl! Mr. 6PackAbs does this alllll the time! But like the gals above mentioned, he is just frustrated that he wants to make it better & thinks he must fix all/ know all/ be all. Pft! Just hold me, dammit!

And WELCOME! you, with all your caps & italics! Write on, girl! Welcome to the 'hood!

 

Welcome to our cozy neighborhood where we drink mimosas & martinis at noon on Mondays & welcome anyone. Come as you are & join us, won't you?

We would love to have you. If you are tired of not being able to be who you truly are, at your current home & you're interested in "moving in" to our neighborhood, drop the Home Owners Association a line. We have lots of secrets to share. We're sure you do, too!

You scream rejection
Yummy Monday
Quiet
Staying True
My New Drive
All right
Wordless Wednesday
Creamy Chocolate Martini... You Know You Want It!
Wordless Wednesday: A Call For Action
As If I Can Get Enough Chocolate?? NEVER!!

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.