Monday, November 27, 2006

Another Mr. Jerkly Moment

Alright.
Picture this.

Mr. Knightly and I are in line for something. It doesn't matter what we are in line for.... We are just in line. I probably should tell you that at this point in my life I am temporarily disabled. What this means to you is that I am in an electric wheelchair. What this means to me is that my life is really sucky right now because I'm not very good at walking.

Anyway.
There are a lot of people around. Including my Mother, my little Sister, and my kids. The line starts to move and I inch my way forward in this horrible wheelchair that I am absolutely no good at driving.
And guess what?
I ran right into Mr. Knightly's foot. Not really hard.... because how hard could it hit him going under one mile per hour? Well, apparently it was hard enough for him to turn around and, in front of EVERYONE, get all PISSED and practically growl at me, "Mrs. Knightly, that REALLY hurt." He said it loud. And he growled it through clenched teeth.

I was humiliated. I didn't do it on purpose. I was completely sorry and I was in the middle of actually saying so when he laid into me in front of the entire line and my family. It was mortifying. I mean seriously. What.The. I am in a wheelchair for crying out loud. This is something that I am not used to. The wheelchair thing is really new to me, and let me tell you. I HATE IT. For some reason being in a wheelchair makes me feel very small and awkward.
So. Not only am I in a line where I am trying to maneuver a freaking electronic chair through.... I already feel lame in front of a ton of people just by being in the chair. And then freaking Mr. Jerkly has to make the situation about a MILLION times WORSE by HUMILIATING me further.
And you know what? I don't think it hurt him THAT bad to warrant his reaction. Not by a LONG SHOT did it hurt that bad. I think he just reacted that way because he was sick of being in line.

Thanks a lot Jerkly.
It is times like those that make me ever so grateful that I married you.
No, really. Those times just make me want to marry you over and over and over again.

So tell me people.
Is is just me, or was Mr. Knightly's reaction completely jerky and uncalled for.

Labels:

 
posted by Mrs. Knightly at 4:07 PM | Permalink


3 Whispers:


At 6:56 PM, Blogger Berklie

Oh I know this is totally the wrong thing to say, and I'm trying really hard to work on this "personality flaw" of mine... but I would have rammed him...again... harder... in the shins.
See? I'm rotten, I know. I'll drink to that, though.

 

At 11:20 PM, Blogger SalGal

I'm with Berklie, I'd run him over again. Only maybe I'd stop when I was right ON his foot and wait a minute before I went, "Dang, why am I stuck here???"

 

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Megan

He was being a complete shit. Does he have crowd issues like mine does? Because this sounds like exactly what would happen to us in the same situation.

And for the record, I've accidently run into someone's foot with an unwieldy shopping cart and gotten a similar reaction even as I'm profusely and sincerely apologizing. They look at you like you did it on purpose.

Get. Over. Yourself. (Them, not you sweetie)

 

Welcome to our cozy neighborhood where we drink mimosas & martinis at noon on Mondays & welcome anyone. Come as you are & join us, won't you?

We would love to have you. If you are tired of not being able to be who you truly are, at your current home & you're interested in "moving in" to our neighborhood, drop the Home Owners Association a line. We have lots of secrets to share. We're sure you do, too!

The Nightmare That Is My Life
Happy Thanksgiving!
Shave Everywhere
Gross. Wrong. Foul. On Soooo Many Levels
Dear Duke Mama
Passion
Important Recipes...
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
bears have it good, yeah they do
GMail? Anyone? Free Gmail?

Designed by Troll Baby Graphics

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.